PhD, Information Science, 2014 - present
University of WashingtonSchool of Information ScienceResearch interests: Social Effects of Technology and Social MediaUniversity of Washington, Seattle, Wa
MA, Comm Tech, 2012-2014
Point Park University, Pittsburgh, PASchool of CommunicationArea: Communication TechnologyFinal GPA: 4.0
Digital Marketing and Social Media Consultant 2014-2015
Gatesman + Dave, Consultant at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
As a social media consultant for the region's largest hospital system, I was responsible for day to day management and content creation for all social channels. This position required speed and accuracy in all communications along with compassion for patients and consumer during times of crisis.
- Creating new content ranging from infographics to long form articles.
- Interviewing doctors, staff and patients to write human-centered storylines.
- Directing designers for supporting graphics and imagery.
- Using analytics to develop results-focused content calendars.
- Day to day management and content creation for all social channels.
- Directing designers on execution of concepts.
SoSweet! Creative 2012-2014
Writing for the web for a variety of digital presences (start-ups, retail stores, consulting companies) including slogans, blog posts, and descriptions.
- Working with clients to uncover and construct their brand story through the web.
- Translating research into smart Information Architecture (IA) and user flows based on site objectives.
- Writing and managing Company content via blog post and social media activity.
Research Assistant, 2015 - present
University of Washington
Research Assistant in the Digital Youth Lab at the UW iSchool.Institute of Museum and Library Services Grant project: Exploring the Connected Learning framework of learning with digital media.
Qualitative Research Experience
- Collaborate with research team to analyze data into insights and inform designs for digital tools.
- Experience in design research for digital products.